Strong, healthy hair does not only look great, but makes each of us feel great too!
As with our general health, diet plays a significant role in improving and maintaining healthy hair. Some common foods and nutrients can contribute to hair health.
Here are the 9 key foods and nutrients that a healthy hair diet should include:
1. Eggs, Salmon, and Poultry – great sources of protein that prevent hair loss and to nourish hair strands from within.
2. Spinach and Other Leafy Greens as well as Whole Grains – provides your body with iron, an especially important mineral that feeds hair follicle and root, thus preventing hair loss.
3. Blueberries, Broccoli, Oranges and Other Citrus Fruits – provides vitamin C which reduces the incidents of dry or splitting hair and enhances the growth of healthy hair.
4. Carrots and Sweet Potatoes – provides vitamin A which helps the scalp in producing the natural oils that keeps the roots healthy and boost hair growth.
5. Avocado, Salmon, Nuts and Seeds – provides omega 3 fatty acids with ant-inflammatory properties which can open hair follicles and promote hair growth and regrowth.
6. Nuts, Avocado, Mustard Greens, Swiss Chard, and Spinach – great sources of Vitamin E which improves blood circulation and helps promote hair growth.
7. Whole Grains, Potatoes, Dark Green Leafy Veggies, Lentils, Peanuts, and Poultry – rich in B vitamins which helps to strengthen hair and provides luster and shine.
8. Dark Leafy Greens, Nuts, Seeds, Dark Chocolate, Avocado, Banana - great
sources of Magnesium. Magnesium helps prevent the buildup of calcium which can clog hair follicles and result in hair loss.
9. Beans, Lentils, Nuts, Spinach, Fruits, and Avocado – can provide Zinc, a required mineral that helps hair growth and regrowth.
The bottom line is, regardless of how well we treat our hair topically, an overall balanced diet is crucial to a healthy hair life cycle.
Organic and Natural Personal Care and Wellness