10 Ways to Celebrate Women's History Month
March is Women's History Month and we at Nylosi want to inspire you to celebrate women all month long. We encourage you to find ways to highlight women issues, amplify women voices, and support women causes. Also, if you are a woman, don't forget to honor those that came before you by honoring yourself. This includes making time to nourish your mind, body, and soul with lots of self-care and self-love on a regular basis.
Here are a few ideas to add to your celebration plans on get you started on planning:
- Mentor a young girl or woman. Maybe set up a Zoom chat or a socially-distanced meeting to support and encourage.
- Become of aware of current women issues and participate in political advocacy.
- Share about Women’s History Month and highlight women accomplishments on social media platforms you use, to bring awareness.
- Support Women Entrepreneurs by sharing their businesses and purchasing their products.
- Donate to or volunteer for a non-profit that supports women causes.
- Host an event to celebrate women and/or discuss women issues.
- Amplify and support female artist and musicians by sharing, streaming, and purchasing their music.
- Support women artists sharing and commissioning their work.
- Select a female author for this month's book club meeting.
- Watch a film or documentary created by women or one that explores women issues.
Of course, we believe that women and women history should be celebrated every day, but let's decide to do or part in celebrating a little extra this month. Will you be doing any of these? What else would you add? We love for you to share in the comments or on our social pages.
Photo credit: Canva