5 Fantastic Reasons to Incorporate Massages into your Self-Care Routine
Most of us love a good massage, after all it can be so soothing and relaxing--what's not to love? However, did you realize that not only do massages feel amazing, they also have some really incredible benefits. Talk about the the cherry on the top!
Here are five fantastic reasons to incorporate massages into your regular self-care routine. As you check out these, please keep in mind that many of these benefits are achievable whether you have someone give you a massage (partner or professional) or you give one to yourself.
1. RELAX & DE-STRESS - Massages can relax your mind and reduce stress. Using a body and massage oil infused with essential oils, such as lavender and lemongrass, can certainly add to the relaxing experience of your massage. This may also increase alertness and focus.
2. SOOTHE SORE MUSCLES & MANAGE PAIN - The penetration of natural ingredients in the right massage oil can help you reduce pain and soothe problem areas that are sore and stiff. This also makes massage a great choice after a workout, hiking, or other forms of exercise and movement.
3. RELEASE TOXINS & BOOST IMMUNITY - An invigorating massage can stimulate your soft tissue, which helps to release toxins from your blood and lymphatic systems, as well as loosen muscles and tendons. This can improves circulation and flexibility. Also, when you stimulate the lymph nodes, you can re-charge the body's natural defense system, that can enhance your immunity.
4. ENHANCE YOUR MOOD - Massages are known to boost your mood, thus improving your overall mental outlook. The mood regulating benefits of regular massage can subsequently reduce anxiety and pain.
5. BETTER SLEEP - Massages can help to release endorphins in your body and therefore help with stress and anxiety. During and after a massage, you are more likely to feel happy, energized, and at ease. Sleep quality may also be improved which allows you to wake up more refreshed.
Hydrate, moisturize, and soften your body in a pure and safe way, that you can feel good about, when you use natural and organic body oils for your massages. You will love this bonus benefit of improving the overall quality of your skin.
We encourage you to reap the benefits of regular massages and be sure to use pure and natural body oils for the complete health of your skin. Remember what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body. That's why we believe in providing all-natural and organic personal care products.
Learn more about the Body + Massage Oils that we offer at Nylosi to add to your massage experience. Use at home, with a partner or alone, or even take along to your next professional massage appointment. You can feel good about our all-natural, organic, vegan massage oils with ingredients you can recognize and pronounce. All our products are chemical free and scented with pure organic essential oils.
Photo credit: Canva